The average person spends around two hours a day on social media – but if you’re a social media addict, you’ll likely spend much more time trawling through the ‘gram!
How about using that addiction to make some money? Social media can be quite profitable if you know what you’re doing and put in the hard work. So if you want to turn your social media obsession into a side hustle, here are five ways to do so.
- Become a freelance social media manager – If you love social media and spend all your free time on the platforms, you might as well use your knowledge to make you some money. Social media is constantly evolving. Due to this, the average business owner finds it time-consuming and challenging to stay updated with the best practices that can boost their digital presence. You can offer to manage their social pages and boost their presence online for a monthly fee which can evolve into a full-time career. As of recently, social media managers are in high demand as all businesses are going digital.
- Become an influencer – Do you have a huge social media following or get hundreds of shares when you post on your profile? If so, then you can consider becoming an influencer and partner with companies to do sponsored posts that can help spread the word about their products. You can promote all kinds of products from various brands and get paid for it. Top influencers make thousands of dollars per sponsored post. Keep in mind that it takes a long time and a lot of hard work and talent to get to this point. It’s attainable for sure, but make sure you manage your expectations if you choose this route.
- Run an online store – If you have items that would be attractive to social media users, it’s relatively pain-free to set up a shop by connecting your account to Shopify and running an online store.
- Do affiliate marketing – Affiliate marketing is a form of passive income that’s similar to promoting a brand, except you need your followers to click on a link and make a purchase in order to earn you some commission. For example, if you’re promoting a hotel, you need your followers to click your link and make a booking at the hotel – then you’ll earn a share of the profit. Amazon has an affiliate program available that you can explore.
- Monetize your YouTube channel – If you have a YouTube channel with 1,000 subscribers and at least 4,000 hours of watch time, then you’re in to make some money while doing what you love. Check out YouTube to find out how you can get your channel monitized.